Being part of a community can give us strength that we sometimes can’t find on our own.Transparency is a gift and one should not have to worry about a breach in confidentiality when they are undergoing transformation.
Communities can help us build resilience, overcome isolation, and begin to chart a path toward a more joyful future. We hope the private groups will help you find people who can support you through the challenges and transformation that you’re facing.
We welcome posts that are focused on helping members build resilience, including:
- Personal stories
- Resources that you’ve found helpful
It is important that conversations around the sensitive topics discussed in DanitaOgandaga.com groups are productive and respectful. We ask all members to follow our Community Foundation Fundamentals:
- Share openly and honestly
- React with empathy
- Be respectful of opposing views
- Foster meaningful and genuine interactions
- Maintain a supportive environment
- Abstain from inappropriate, vulgar, or abusive language
We do not allow the following:
- Bullying or harassment
- Promotion or encouragement of self-injury or suicide. However, this does not mean you cannot post about issues related to self-injury and suicide if it is helpful to you
- Content that promotes prejudice, violence, or hatred against people based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, disease, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or gender expression
- Threats or encouragements of violence against anyone, either seriously or humorously
- Asking for or sharing medical or legal advice
- Questioning other people’s experiences
- Negatively calling out another group member by name
- Content that violates the privacy of others, by revealing any information about them that they would not want to make public
- Content that promotes goods, services, or may be perceived as promoting personal projects
- Content that violates the copyrights and trademarks of others. If you’re unsure, please do not post
- Inappropriate content, as determined by our moderator
We strive to be fair, but we reserve the right to suspend accounts or remove posts, without notice and for any reason, to protect our community. Our small team of administrators moderates the groups daily, and will respond to flagged posts and comments within a 24 hour period. If you see anyone violating our Community Guidelines or behaving in a way that makes you uncomfortable, please report the post using Facebook’s reporting tool.
Danita Ogandaga Facebook groups are closed and private; only members can see posts to the group and there are no requests to join the group. For more details, read Facebook’s group privacy settings. To learn more about maintaining your own privacy on Facebook, read the Technology Safety Guide from Facebook and the National Network to End Domestic Violence.
Danitaogandaga.com Facebook groups are intended for peer-to-peer support and are not moderated by licensed professionals.